Deep Roots is a program of Community Agriculture Alliance that is dedicated to :
• cultivating awareness about the benefits of local food
• educating the community about how to do it yourself
• facilitating connections between local producers and local consumers
What we do:
• Forge partnerships for the advancement of Deep Roots initiatives.
• Open a community conversation about the value of a local food system.
• Offer an abundance of educational opportunities for growers and producers.
• Demonstrate the value of good land stewardship and farm practices that respect and
replenish the natural ecosystems while producing healthy foods
Why we're here:
• share and exchange ideas, knowledge and products
• produce and network educational opportunities
• resource for support of sustainable agriculture and local food production
• advocate for sustainable food system in Yampa Valley
• interface with local and regional educational institutions to advance the concept and
practice of sustainable food productionWhat we believe:
Deep Roots Local Food Trust believes a thriving and sustainable local food economy is a vital element of our healthy Northwest Colorado community.